2nd Annual Sparky’s Food Company
Graduate Giveaway Contest
Photo: 1st Annual Sparky’s Food Company Graduate Giveaway Winner Lotu Pulu
Aloha Maui Senior Students and Families, mahalo for your interest in our 2nd Annual Sparky’s Food Company Graduate Giveaway Contest. Seniors, we are sure you are all excited for the next chapter in your lives. Graduation is around the corner and your future holds great things for you all. First off we would like to Congratulate again to Last Year’s 1st Annual Sparky’s Food Company Graduate Giveaway Winner, Lotu Pulu! Without further ado, we are seeking Maui county High School graduation class of 2019 seniors to complete 4 competitive pillars to exemplify their eagerness to succeed in life. The winner will have their very own catered experience with Sparky’s Food Company for up to 300 people. This is valued at over $5000. We do apologize in advance for those of who are on Moloka’i or Lana’i, this contest does apply to you however your party must take place on Maui Island.
There are 4 pillars to this competition, each task must be completed in no particular order to qualify as a participant. Competition deadline to submit all required documents and tasks will be May 8th, 2019. Once we have collected all participant’s submissions, each contestant will be evaluated by a Board of Maui Community Members. The winner will be announced on Facebook live on May 15th, 2019 with the time to be determined. We are all excited that you have decided to compete in this year’s competition and we are looking forward to hopefully cater your graduation celebration!
To compete in this competition, you must first complete “Competition Application Form and Parent Release Form for Media Recording” with parent/guardian signature if under 18 years old. If you are 18 and over, you may sign for yourself. Please use links below to download forms. Once completed, please email entry forms as an attachment with your “Full Name” in Subject to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you have submitted all required forms for competition, you will be given a unique referral code. This referral code will be needed in completing one of the pillars in the competition. Please allow 12-24 hours for referral code to be generated and sent. Be sure to check your spam folders if you have not received your referral code after allotted 24 hours, should you have not received your referral code, please email us your problem with “Referral Code” in subject to email@example.com. We highly recommend you complete application as soon as possible so you may have your referral code ready when needed to complete a pillar.
*Pillars do not have to be completed in no particular order*
This pillar is basically telling us about “you.” An Autobiography of your life up until now. The content you put into it will determine the outcome of your succession to the next pillar. This is your moment to tell us about your life and your experiences, any problems you had to endure or overcome, and what inspires you to be successful in the future. Be creative, let this be a time to show us your ambition to win.
- Autobiography must be typed in APA format with a minimum of 3 pages, 1,000 words, and typed in Times New Roman font.
- Must be a Word document file.
- Email Autobiography and a current headshot photo of yourself as attachments with Full name in subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Absolutely NO plagiarism! You will be disqualified if you commit plagiarism.
We will be judging and scoring your autobiography based on content, creativity, spelling and grammar.
- 25×13 Referral
Show us how eager you are, show us that you are a good person and that by being such a good person you have a strong support system/foundation that believes in you. Send your friends, families, peers our way.
- Refer a minimum of 25 people to Sparky’s Food company Mopsesh trailer or truck
- Each person must purchase plate(s) minimum of $13 or more.
- Referrals must provide your unique referral code you should have received after submitting your application.
- You have now until May 8th, 2019 to complete this pillar.
- Our staff at both locations will be keeping track of referrals.
Location and hours of Operation
-Mopseh Trailer @ 145 Ho’okele Street, Kahului 10am-3pm Tuesday-Friday
-Mopsesh Truck @ Kahului Harbor on Beach Road 10-3pm Wednesday-Saturday, Sunday @ Maui Sunday Market from 4-8pm next to parking lot at Kahului Burger King,
- Community Involvement
We care about our community and we hope you do too. Find an organization of yourself that you can volunteer in and make a difference. This community involvement must be meaningful to you as to why you chose this organization.
- Each Contestant must complete a minimum 16 hours or more of community service.
- You may choose an ESTABLISHED non-profit organization of your choice.
- Coordinator of organization must provide proof of community service hours completed and a letter of recommendation for yourself. Please have coordinator provide their full name, contact information, and organization in either documents
- Submit a short 200 words or more word document on why you chose this organization and what have you learned whether it be skills, personal development, knowledge etc. that will help you on your future journey.
- Email attachments for proof of community service hours completed, letter of recommendation, and word document submission on your community involvement to email@example.com , please provide full name in subject. (Pdf scans or photo of letter of recommendation and community service hours may be emailed, be sure scans or photos are clear)
- Our Maui Community Board members will be verifying all community service hours and will be judging you based on your involvement and your reasons for choosing your organization of choice.
- Video “Why should Sparky’s Food Co. choose you”
This your time to be personal and creative and tell us why should Sparky’s Food Company choose you as this Year’s winner. The content and key points you want to portray are solely up to you. Think of this opportunity to highlight the best things about you that make you highly qualified as a winner.
- Video must be a minimum of 1 minute 30 seconds and a maximum of 2 minutes and 30 seconds.
- Must upload video onto YouTube to your own account. Please create an account if you do not have one,
- You may not use copyright material or content in your videos. You must use only royalty free or copyright free pictures, videos, or music should you do so. NO EXCEPTIONS. You Will be disqualified from the competition should you violate this.
- Email your YouTube video link to firstname.lastname@example.org with your Full name in Subject line.
We wish you all good luck! Should you have any questions, please feel free to email us at email@example.com with “HELP” in the subject.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS
- Competition deadline/ends on Wednesday, May 8th, 2019 11:59pm (HST). All competition forms and submission of all pillars must be submitted by this time. No exceptions.
- Winner will be announced on Wednesday, Mary 15th, 2019 with time tbd.
To help you out with your efforts in winning this competition, please be sure to spread the word amongst your supporting family, friends, and peers by using the hashtag #sparkysgradgiveaway in all your post in relation to the competition.